Saturday, 9 July 2016

Redcurrants


How pretty do these little jewels look on a plate, add to super sweet meringues, some double cream and a dusting of icing sugar.  For extra sweetness, as the redcurrants are tart, you can add icing sugar to the cream, how about a a few drops of vanilla essence too.

I remember my grandmother having loads of these bushes and she used to spend ages taking all the currants from the stem by putting them through the fork tines to gently strip them off.  Having had a search around I find a handy video....not my grandmother!
remove currants

I posted a summer pudding recipe a while back that is always good to fall back on, super easy to make, just needs to be done in advance:
Summer Pudding

Also available are gooseberries and raspberries - for the next few weeks:

Not into puddings well how about red currant gin:
Red currant gin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.