Saturday, 5 July 2014
Bread Pudding
I have always love bread pudding - not to be confused with bread and butter pudding, which I also love, but bread pudding is more of a cake slice.
It is a recipe that has been around for years, made by grandma :)
It is great for using up old bread, or even the crusts, if they are soft.
I spent ages looking at different recipes and in the end came up with my winning formula:
Bread Pudding
Bake 1 hour in a traybake at 170c
15 oz Bread soaked in
14 fl oz of Milk (can do some water)
3oz Sugar
10oz Dried fruit
2oz or 3 oz margarine - melted
1 egg
I add some Mixed Spice and some nutmeg
Basically soak the bread for at least half an hour, you can leave it for longer overnight in the fridge is fine, mash completely – I use a use mixer to get it smooth
Add everything else and bake - how simple is that.
Line the tin with silicone paper not greaseproof it sticks!
And you should have some nice Bread pudding. I sprinkle with sugar on top. This quantities are very 'loose'!
I cut it into 15, I have also added mashed bananas, and it is nice hot or cold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.