Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Chocolate chip cookies

So another in the recipe series, don't forget there are always some lovely cakes, cookies and biscuits for sale on the market, and you can always pass them off as made by yourself once unwrapped :). Nice easy recipe although it said that it should make 36 but I think that would be far too small!  so I made 18 from the recipe.

Set your oven at 190c/350f/ gas mark 5

Weigh out
175g/6oz Plain Flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarb soda
75g/3oz butter or marg

...rub together to form fine crumbs

stir in
50g/2oz soft light brown sugar
125g/4oz choc chips - I just chop up bars of chocolate, it doesn't take long and much cheaper, and have used a mix of plain and milk - the choice is yours

3 tbspn of golden syrup (I make this just over 3 ozs)

This should now bind together to form a soft dough.

Divide into balls and flatten slightly.

Pop in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.